Glenfarg gets its own PAD
(Public Access Defibrillator)
- Defibrillators or AED’s (Automated External Defibrillators like our PAD) are safe and simple to use
- Anyone can use a Public Access Defibrillator, no previous experience of CPR or defibrillators is required
- Glenfarg’s PAD is situated on the wall of the Village Store in Ladeside
When do you need a defibrillator (PAD)?
Casualty unresponsive, not breathing or taking infrequent noisy breathes?
- Phone 999
- Send someone to collect the defibrillator
- Start CPR immediately/follow 999 call handlers guidance while waiting for the defibrillator to arrive
- When defibrillator arrives press Green on button – listen carefully and follow instructions given by the PAD
- Time Counts – so don’t delay YOU can do it!
The cabinet which houses the PAD is security tag sealed but unlocked. Two small white LED’s flash at night to show location and a loud alarm and flashing red LED’s come on when the cabinet is opened.