Glenfarg Community Council – Minutes

GLENFARG COMMUNITY COUNCIL
MINUTES OF MEETING
Monday 4th September 2017
Glenfarg Village Hall

PRESENT: CCllrs Arnold, Horsman, Loudon, Pilmer, Ponton, Taylor,  Watson
Also present - Cllrs Barnacle, Purves, Watters
1. APOLOGIES: Cllr W. Robertson
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
Minutes of the previous meeting were agreed and signed. Proposed CCllr Loudon, Seconded CCllr Taylor
3. ACTION POINT UPDATES:
CCllr Watson had prepared an update on action points from the previous meeting and reported as follows –
Smithy Cottage: CCllr Watson reported that PKC, Estate Agent and school have all been contacted about the danger of children entering this dilapidated property. Isobel Butt (PKC) had requested a Building Standards inspection. Building Standards consider the building to be an eyesore rather than dangerous so will take no further action. Isobel has now referred the case to Planning Enforcement who have the power to serve Planning Amenity Notices.
Ongoing

Rescue Pole: It was agreed to apply for a Micro Grant for the purchase of a new pole.  CCllr Arnold
            Ongoing

VAS signs: No news on when installation will take place
Ongoing

Burn in Stephens Field: CCllr Ponton reported that the recent rains had improved the situation and water was now flowing. She had also heard that Stephens had received several notes of interest in the proposed new housing but no definite purchases.
             Discharged

Arngask Cemetery: CCllr Watson reported that the grass has been cut but we have not had confirmation that the cemetery is back on the maintenance list. She attended a meeting with Willie Grieg (PKC Senior Bereavement Officer) and Karen McGregor (Preservation Group) where the repairs to the toppled stone (in stages) had been agreed. We have been provided with photographs to show how the stones stood originally.
CCllr Ponton reported that the church was unwilling to house the medieval statue. The possibility of it being sited within the new plans for Wallace Park was discussed. To be suggested to the Wallace Park Development Group.                                    CCllr Ponton
            Ongoing

 

School Liaison: The HT has reported “I’m happy with the work that has taken place and once it is all completed we will have an open afternoon for parents and members of the community.”
            Discharged

Touring Caravan Parked on Road: CCllr Pilmer reported that, in the eventuality of somebody bringing a caravan home for the purpose of taking it off on holiday after packing it, then that is justifiable and acceptable. However, where it clearly is the opposite, and in answer to your question concerning the extended parking of a caravan on a public road, PKC's response is this: “I have referred this to my colleague Gary McConnell, Roads Supervisor who will visit the street the next time he is in the area and take appropriate action as it is an offence to store a caravan on a public road.” It was reported that the caravan giving concern was no longer on the road.

Meeting of Drunzie Residents with Police and Care Group attended by CCllr Arnold. No children are yet in residence, but the community was assured that children would be carefully selected to benefit from a rural environment.
            Discharged

Telephone Box Greenbank Road:  The contract for the adoption of the box had been received. CCllr Horsman had sought advice on its contents. It was felt that the only concern was public liability / insurance. CCllr Watson had spoken to the PKC Insurance Team (Bill Wilson). Depending on the use made of the box, there may be an extra insurance premium to pay.
It was decided to investigate possible insurance costs.                                    CCllr Watson
It was agreed to go ahead with the adoption if costs were acceptable.                  CCllr Horsman
It was agreed to ask the community for suggestions on its use.                        CCllr Watson

MSP Mark Ruskell’s proposed 20mph members bill: CCllr Watson has replied on our behalf
  Discharged

 

4. MATTERS ARISING (not covered on the Agenda)
There were no other Matters Arising.

5. POSITION OF CC SECRETARY
The Community Council had received the resignation of CCllr Burlison on health grounds. CCllr Ponton thanked John for all his good work on the council and had passed on everyone’s best wishes for the future months. She hoped that he may be able to return to the CC when the time was right.
It was agreed that CCllr Pilmer will shadow CCllr Watson (Acting Secretary) for the next month, with a view to taking on the role if time allows. Otherwise the CC would need to consider co-opting a suitable person. PKC to be informed.              CCllr Watson
6. PKC DEVELOPMENT PLAN
CCllrs Pilmer and Ponton had attended a meeting of Kinross-shire CCs, chaired by Cllr Barnacle, to discuss the issues in the draft Local Development Plan 2 which affect our areas. As a result, CCllr Pilmer had written to PKC Planning and Sustainable Development Department to point out which local issues we felt required further consideration –

  • A sustainable Public Transport link for the route Milnathort to Glenfarg to Bridge of Earn and Perth.
  • Continued support for the Arngask Primary School to allow it to be recognised as one with a growing school role and to be permitted the necessary funds to allow for all future modernisation and expansion.
  • Consideration given to affordable housing with the Glenfarg boundary.
  • Consideration given to zoned parking within the village boundary.
  • Consideration given to identifying an Employment Site with small retail units within the Glenfarg boundary.

 Cllr Barnacle reported that PKC was forming a short-life working group on this, and a meeting was to be held on 22nd November to discuss the LDP2 plan.
CCllr Ponton asked for guidance on the difference between Open Space and White Space on the plan. Open Space is protected from planning as it is considered valuable for community use, regardless of ownership. White Space is not protected and could be built on in the future.
It was agreed that we should check on the situation within the Glenfarg CC boundaries, with a view to future planning.                                    Planning Sub-group
7. WALLACE PARK
CCllr Horsman reported that the Development Group is to meet on Thursday 7th September, 7pm in the tennis pavilion, to consider an overall plan for the park and establish sub-groups to explore the suggestions – from which it is hoped that professional plans will eventually be drawn up. All are welcome.

8. PLANNING REPORT
CCllr Pilmer reported as follows –

Applications
Erection of a dwelling house and double garage Land 1000 Metres East Of Wester Deuglie Farm, Glenfarg. Ref. No: 17/01411/FLL, Tue 15 Aug 2017. No GCC objection.
Decisions
Formation of Riding arena. Redford Neuk, Glenfarg . Ref.No. 17/01007/FLL. Approved.
Siting of caravan for temporary period. Land 400 Metres South Of Brampton House, Glenfarg. Ref. No: 17/01059/FLL. Refused.
Erection of a dwellinghouse. Site of Former Greenbank Road Lock-up, Greenbank Road, Glenfarg. Ref. No: 16/01724/FLL. Received: Fri 07 Oct 2016. Approved.
Erection of 3no. dwellinghouses. Site of Berryhill Quarry, Glenfarg. Ref. No: 16/01231/FLL. Received: Fri 08 Jul 2016. Approved.
Appeals
Erection of a dwellinghouse. Land 100 Metres north west of Glendy Steading, Glenfarg. Ref.No.17/00383/PN. Site visit to take place pending a (PKC) decision.

9. POLICE REPORT
No police officer was present

10. TREASURER’S REPORT:
1. GCC – BALANCE ON ACCOUNT   £552.03
Income: P&KC Top Up Grant £287
Expenditures: Village Hall - £12  CCllr Watson expenses £27.20
2. GCC NEWSLETTER  ACCOUNT – BALANCE £ 11,247.97
This balance is made up as follows :

 

Newsletter

Microgrant

Nursing Fund

 

£

£

£

At 3rd July 2017

 7,261.02

 324.39

4,011.00

Income

134.95

Nil

        Nil

 

 

 

 

Expenditures/payments

233.39

250.00

         Nil

   

7,162.58

74.39

4,011.00

Income/Expenditures since last meeting:
Newsletter:
Income – Newsletter shop tin £134.95
Expenditures – Newsletter printing £195, Newsletter Story Comp £20, Petrol costs for Newsletter collection (6 journeys) £15.20 and Newsletter archive file £3.19.

Microgrant:
Expenditures – Duck Project £250

3. SCHOOL FUND £341
No change
TOTAL FUNDS HELD £12,141.00 at 4th September 2017

11. PC LAPTOP PURCHASE
It was decided that CCllrs Pilmer and Watson would consider a spec for such a machine within the next month, as it is for the use of the Secretary. It was agreed that this equipment should be new, not refurbished.            CCllrs Pilmer and Watson
12. AOCB:
a) CCllr Watson reported that from October 2017, Google Chrome (version 62) will show a “NOT SECURE” warning when users enter text in a form. This will affect two pages on the village website – a Grapevine page and a GOBS page, where those wishing to join are asked for their email address. A security certificate to stop the warning appearing would cost £60 per annum.It was felt that the information given was not highly sensitive and a message of reassurance for Chrome users on these pages would be sufficient.
b) The possibility of a Business Park was discussed. Some small spaces in the centre of the village were suggested, but others thought that more space may be required. It was agreed to put the idea out for consultation to see if there would be a demand, and what the requirements would be.                                                CCllr Watson
c) CCllr Ponton asked if PKC still put weedkiller on the roadside kerbs, as some areas were looking in need of this. Our councillors are to investigate.
d) CCllr Ponton reported that there was a problem with the new bollard area at the junction of Ladeside and Main Street. A metal cover is not fitting properly and could cause damage to cars or pedestrians. Passers-by do replace it in position but this does not last. Cllr Watters to contact the appropriate person.
e) Vandalism at the old football pavilion has been brought to our attention. CCllr Ponton has contacted Malcolm Hill (Greenspace) as we have been advised not to touch this building.

The next meeting of the Community Council will be held on 6th November